Introductions

Hello.
This is my website which I will primarily use to post my writing. I am a writer only as a hobby. Most of my pieces have no intended audience; they are written for myself, to explore the thoughts inside my head in a short story or dialogue format.

However I'm by no means private about what I write. I'm always looking to improve my style, and many of these pieces do a better job at explaining myself than I could do in person. This website serves as a convenient place to collect and share my writing on the rare occasion I choose to do so, either when looking for constructive feedback, or to explain myself. And perhaps, it gives me a slight sense of satisfaction that in the huge ether that is the internet, I can call a small part of that mine.


Context to my writing:

Tea and Coffee: A collection of short stories, set in the real world, of seemingly insignificant and anecdotal things. The main character is based on myself, or rather, a version of myself I hope to be in five years time. And the stories, are of a life I wish to have. A life that isn't a far fetched fantasy (no fast cars and super models) but one quite achievable. A simple, boring, life but one perhaps filled with a deeper appreciation of the world and relationships within it.

Lillies: Set inside the same universe as Tea and Coffee (but five to ten years later), these short stories tend to focus specifically on love, romance, relationships and my thoughts on these topics.

Conversations with a cat: Human life can be one huge learning experience. For me that's what I think it is. There are certain words like love, sensitivity, responsibility that have a much more deeper, personal meaning than what you can find in a dictionary. These short dialogues between me and a cat (that for these purposes, can talk) help me untangle what I've learnt about these words and my personal experiences surrounding them. Teaching someone about something can also reinforce those ideas within your own mind, and its this premise that motivated me to write these dialogues.

Stories of Bath: Bath is the university I study in, and the city I live in. Unlike London, where I spent the first eighteen years of my life, I feel a warmth and friendliness to the city. I can call it home, and home is a place where you are the expert. And so I try to be an expert on Bath, to know the best places to eat and drink, every street and pavement, and its history. These short stories tell of the founding and history of Bath.

Other stuff: This mainly includes poetry and any articles I write that I decide to submit to other websites.

Comments